August 23, 2016
Greetings from NWMMEA!
I hope you all have had a relaxing summer and are having a great start to your school year! This letter is in regards to the All-District Auditions that will be held this fall.
Great news! We have three N.W. District ensembles that will performing at the MMEA Convention in January. Congratulations and best of luck in their preparations. Ted Keck-South Harrison Symphonic Band, Joe Voga-St. Joseph Christian JH/HS Band, and John Bell-Northwest Missouri State University Wind Symphony.
All of the ensembles will again be using a web based registration process. All directors will need to register on the district website at www.nwmmea.net. After you have done that, you will be able to register your students for the audition.
Here is how the process will work:
- Go to www.nwmmea.net at the top of the page click on “Teachers: Please Register” link.
- Complete the information. You will need to remember your password and login. WE NEED ALL TEACHERS TO UPDATE THEIR INFORMATION AGAIN THIS YEAR!!!
- After you have registered you will need to click on the link for what ever level and discipline you are submitting students. High School Band, High School Choir, Junior High Band or Jazz Band.
- To add new students you click on the ensemble you want to enter students and follow the directions.
- To check your entries click on the link from step 3 that you entered for that student, and click on the link on the right side of the page that is listed as “view and edit your entries.”
- Type in the school name you used to enter the student, and click “submit.” You should see a list of all the students you registered. You can click on the name and change any information. To delete a student you click the delete button. Once you have all of your students entered, you are finished. You do not need to do a final submission.
- All of the entries for the Band events must be completed by October 28, 2016.
If you have a student who has a potential conflict with a state level MSHSAA event (or a national event of musical merit) for November 5, 2016, you must complete and submit the Alternative Audition form with a postmark date by October 7, 2016. The form and information is available on the website.
Please take time to download and read the Vice President Letter for each of the ensembles in which your students will be participating. Each letter will have pertinent information such as audition fees, payment methods, and processes that are specific to that particular group. These letters can be found on the respective pages of the website. Junior High Choir = Darren Verbick, High School Choir = Christie Ottinger, Junior High Band = Blake Duren, High School Band =Paul Weissenborn, and Jazz Band = Chad Lippincott. Also on the website, you will find a District Signature Sheet that MUST be read and signed by the student and parent(s) prior to the audition. Please collect these from your students and bring them to the audition.
Last, I am asking that each teacher do a search on the district directory and please delete teachers who are no longer teaching in our district. Any teachers listed for your school district who no longer teach there, should be reported to me via e-mail IMMEDIATELY! This will allow us to continue to update our NWMMEA Directory on our website. My e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a great school year!
MMEA Northwest District #1 President